Lead Paint Still a Huge Problem in Kansas City Neighborhoods – What about in your neighborhood?

As reported in a June 2016 Issue of the Kansas City Star, “In recent years, scientists have discovered that lead is more toxic than previously understood. Lifelong effects include lower IQ, hearing loss, learning disabilities, impulsiveness and a greater likelihood later in life to drop out of school, spend time in jail, commit violence and contract secually transmitted diseases. Many children never get tested for lead poisoning, allowing the problem to fester silently in pockets of the metropolitan area.

New families move into old homes unaware of the danger. Contrary to the popular image of children eating paint chips, small children often ingest nearly invisible lead paint dust that coats their toys and hands as they roam around the house.”